Pages

Monday Blues



It's been a while, friends. Sometimes I get so busy and caught up in the swing of things that I forget to write. It has been exactly two months since my last post "Baby it's (still) cold outside" and I am happy to report that it is finally warm again.

Today is a Monday and I can't help but think that maybe I've caught a case of the Monday Blues. Here I am with two weeks left of high school and only fifteen days until the beginning of the rest of my life. Somehow I've found myself getting quite sentimental lately. Surely that's only normal with such a huge transition happening in my life. How strange to think that in two weeks I will never see some of the people I've seen everyday for the last three years. But then again, this isn't the first time I've made such a transition. I have moved and completely started over nine times and counting, and that really isn't so different than graduating from high school.

This year has been so great, so full of emotional changes and new experiences. I have become so independent and I couldn't be prouder of myself. Sometimes time is what it takes to heal your heart and allow your mind to grow and explore. My senior year of high school is one that I will never forget. It's strange this new feeling of confidence that I have, this urge to explore and meet new people. I feel like an adult, it kind of just hit me and one day I looked up and realized that I finally have a clear mind and an open heart.

Another thing I wanted to share is a feeling of gratitude. Many people who know me know that I have moved many times and attended many different schools. It's hard as you grow older to transition so many times the way that I have, however, I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to live in so many places and meet so many people. I would like to think that I have more best friends in more states and countries than any one that I know, and that is just something that makes me unique. When I was younger I would get so angry with my parents for moving me all around so often. I never felt rooted in one spot, because just when I got comfortable they moved us again. My dad's job was the cause for this and we supported him because it was the best move for our family as a whole. Many times I can remember being jealous of my friends who had known each other their whole lives, falling in love with the boy next door, or the boy you've been best friends with since you were little was my fairytale dream. But here I am, about to leave all the people I have spent the last three years of high school with and I am able to watch my friends from all over as they experience the same transition that I am experiencing. It's a funny thing the way life works out, but it always seems to do just that. It always works out. The future may seem uncertain and even a little scary, but I know from experience that when you look back on those rough moments in your life, you smile a little because you see how much you grew from that experience and how it led you to something so much greater.

I could not be more thankful for the people I have met throughout my life and how each and every one of them has shaped me in some way.

Now, hopefully I can be done with all of this sappy stuff, because all I really want to do is go out and meet more people and share their stories. I have had this unique opportunity to share my own story, and I believe that everyone no matter who they are has a story to be shared.

I suppose that's all for now. Hopefully I won't stay away for too long this time. It sure has been nice catching up with you, my friends.

Love,

Madison

No comments: