Pages

Fashion.

"Never, ever confuse what happens on a runway with fashion...A runway is spectacle. It's only fashion when a woman puts it on. Being well dressed hasn't much to do with having good clothes. It's a question of good balance and good common sense."

- Oscar de la Renta

Last night was the Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Everyone who is anyone was there. The dresses were fantastic and the exhibits were even better. I of course was not there, fifteen years from now I hope to be writing to you about the wonderful night I had at the Met Gala, but for now I will live vicariously through Mario Testino's pictures on Vogue's Instagram. Mario Testino's pictures from the Met Gala offered a one of a kind, behind the scenes look at the royalty of Hollywood and the Fashion World. He was able to capture unique, candid shots of the stars in attendance and he did it with such an artistic touch that it made me feel like I was there.

Visit http://www.vogue.com/tag/event/met-gala/ to see more great shots and slides from the stars in attendance.

I suppose that is all for today. I will leave you now as I go back to daydreaming about gowns and shoes and the wonderment that is the Met Gala.

Love,

Madison

No comments: