Pages

Dream Big





When someone tells you that you can't do something, don't believe them.

Lately I seem to be hearing a lot of discouraging things. "You can't do that" or "it's just not going to work out", "it's for the best." I hate hearing someone tell me I can't do something.

I can do whatever I set my mind to. And if for some reason, it turns out that I can't do something, I want to figure it out on my own. Chances are, if I try something and fail at it, I will learn what I can do to solve my problem for next time. I will only keep trying until I get it right. I can do what I want, and so can you. Don't allow others to tell you that you can't do something. Sometimes just because something is practical or realistic, doesn't make it right. Just because someone else seems to have gone through the same or similar situation you may be going through doesn't mean that you will have the same outcome as they did. Some people really love giving you advice, but you have to remember that in the end you are the one who decides what you will do. I let myself get too wrapped up in what other people are telling me sometimes, and I forget that I am the only person who can determine what I will and won't do.

Someone very wise once told me this: "Don't listen to those who tell you that you can't do something. Never let somebody invade your dreams and tell you that you can't reach them. Every person in history who has done something great has always been told all about how they cannot achieve something, but if they had listened to that advice...we wouldn't have anything today. Don't let anyone hold you back." - a friend.. How great is that? People like that inspire me. Teachers and adults should stop going around telling us to be "realistic" and discouraging us, they should be inspiring us. Why does everyone go around acting as though they are afraid to get hurt or fail at something? One thing I have realized over the past year is that if you love something enough then it's worth getting hurt over. The pain you feel symbolizes how great it was when you had it. So don't live life worrying about whether you will get hurt or fail at something, instead embrace the happiness and joy you have when you succeed at something.

I don't know about you, but I want to be inspired. Inspiration is a wonderful thing, and those who are inspired are unstoppable. You can do whatever you set your mind to. You only get one life, so you may as well make it a good one. Dream big, my friends.

"Life's too short to even care at all."
- young the giant

Love,

Madison

No comments: