Pages

School Vibes

super cool first day of school picture for my mom

So now that I am a sophomore in college, I no longer live in a dorm. I feel like I am 98% adulting (minus 2% because my parents still pay for some of my things and I call them a LOT to ask random questions).

I now live in a duplex/house with three other girls and it's a pretty cool set up. We have a two car garage, washer and dryer, and it's two-stories. These are the things you get excited about when you get older, example: "YES, it comes with a washer and dryer, that's awesome!" (this was an exact quote from me a couple of months ago). Other things I've decided you start to get excited about when you're older include, but are not limited to: cheap gas (below $2, this one gets me really pumped), good deals on things like paper towels and dish detergent, and sales on pretty much anything (really anything that can save me money because I'm a poor college student and I hate spending money on things that aren't fun, gas, oil changes, cleaning supplies, etc.). My parents will probably think this is funny.

Anyways, yesterday was quite the adventure. My first day of classes were really just one class and it wasn't until 5:30 p.m. and it wasn't even on the same campus that I was used to (really great, NOT). Apparently there's this little thing called East Campus, cool I was like oh so they just like to use directions like yeah okay that makes sense, nope it actually means "EAST CAMPUS" as in drive 10 min to a different location. Luckily, Quinn helped me realize my mistake because that could have been a really sad first day, *dresses up and tries to look cute, ends up missing night class (only class of day)*. Yeah that would have made me feel like poop, however, I was in luck because due to my incredible sense of direction (ha) and keen observance to time I managed to get across campus/town and arrive 2 min late. It was a pretty big accomplishment, not gonna lie.

Today presented itself with another very daunting feat, the good ole' 8 a.m. class (this has been the downfall of my college career, no matter what I do I can't seem to get away from them). Fortunately I was able to drag myself out of bed at the crack of dawn (jk it was just 7:30) and make it to class. Except I hadn't been to an actual school day yet so I was pretty unfamiliar with how everything worked, first there was the parking adventure (mastered it), then it was finding some random building I had never heard of (I ended up walking all around campus only to realize it was right next to my parking garage (sweet). When I finally spotted the building I happened to run into the Associate Dean of the Journalism School, who I have met and talked to multiple times (I know I'm really cool), and she informed me that the class I was going to was actually over capacity so I had to go to a whole other building and find another classroom. I was not pleased to hear this information, but I found it eventually and I ended up being 15 min late *cringe* (being late to class is the worst, everyone stares at you and makes you feel really stupid and I was like ugh).

Anyways after that whole mess I left and met Quinn and we went to our Philosophy lecture. It was okay, but I was most excited for the four hour break I have between classes, it's both a blessing and a curse. On one hand I like the break, but on the other hand I would like to just be done with class already.

So after class I got to talk on the phone for a much needed catch-up session with my best friend Lexy. It was good to unwind after a weird two days. And now here I sit writing to you from the library next to two girls talking about eating healthy and working out and the boy with the 100% self-made duct tape backpack. Man, college is interesting.

That's all for today, but I'm sure I will have many more stories to tell after the way this week has been going.

Until next time,

Madison

Song of the Day: Amadeus//Family and Friends (the beginning is by far the best part)