Pages

Autumn.



Here’s to a break from writing about New York. I love writing about New York City, of course, but there is so much that I feel like you need to be caught up on. Today is October 28, 2015, and I am nineteen years old (my birthday was on the 17th). Wow, how did that happen? It seems so crazy that I am in college. There is so much to consider for my future. It’s both scary and exciting, the overwhelming unknowns in my future seem to occupy my mind more often than I would like to admit.

I may not be writing about New York this time, but it’s safe to say that I think about living in the city almost every day. Yesterday was one of those rainy, autumn days, lucky for me I was able to dig out my Hunter rain boots. I walked to class and listened to Florence and the Machine on Pandora. Stepping in puddles and silently jamming out to the mellow melodies of “Falling” seemed to be exactly what I needed on such a gloomy day.

Now I sit writing to you from my bed (I have Poli Sci in less than an hour…), and I feel like I am just reflecting on the last couple of weeks and pondering the weeks until I get to go home for Thanksgiving break (my absolute favorite holiday). Yesterday as I walked through campus I couldn’t help but admire the beautiful fall leaves, obviously I decided to take some cool fall pics(: The red leaves across campus were gorgeous, and crunching through the leaves with my Hunters on brought out the little kid in me, it’s much too hard to resist stomping on leaves and walking through puddles (sorry mom). All I want to do is sit in my room and read a book or snuggle up in my cozy blanket and watch Netflix all day (class not included). My classes aren’t terrible, but I think I just wish I could start taking classes that pertain more to what I want to do in my future. I feel like I could sit here and write all day long if my schedule would allow it. There’s always something to do and somewhere to be… I think sometimes it’s just good to take a break. I wish I could feel like I was actually doing something that mattered. Maybe I will take my free time and start writing a book, I’ve always wanted to write a book(: I know that sounds somewhat juvenile, but I feel like I could be a great writer, I suppose only time will tell.

Right now, what I need more than anything is inspiration. With inspiration comes motivation, and I definitely need some of that… I just want to travel, I’m so eager to get out and experience the world and new cultures. I want to meet new people. I want to hear their stories.

Well, I suppose that’s enough dreaming for today(: Who knows, maybe my dreams will become a reality sooner than I think. I sure hope so.

Until next time,

Madison Rodick

p.s. enjoy the pictures of fall, my Hunter rain boots, and my cozy little room(:






No comments: